Tuesday, April 3, 2012

When Anxiety Attacks

As many of you have seen on Instagram, I took a quick little visit to the ER. I had a bit of a laps in my anxiety disorder, I am a high functioning  bipolar and sometimes it gets the best of me. Saturday evening I came down with a horrible cold and felt so ill I could hardly sleep, I woke up the next day feeling horribly on edge and out of sorts. My husband was retuning to work on Monday (he was on spring break) and Wolfgang has been teething so badly I felt that I would not be able to take care of him since I was so sick. That night my fingers were numb, I was extremely anxious, and I had a fever of 104.0. I needed to go to the ER for some stronger medication.
As a side note I have not had a manic/anxiety (whatever you wanna call it) in about 3 years so don't worry, I am not walking around like a ticking time bomb.  Any of you bipolar?  Then you understand that becoming ill can totally turn you upside-down and make you a nervous wreck.


Thank you again for all your well wishes and feel free to e-mail any question about being bipolar, I dont mind sharing stories and tales.

Cheers,
Deb

UPDATE: I am feeling well again :)

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

glad you're feeling better, lovely. anxiety is a bit of a constant battle for me *hugs*