Monday, March 12, 2012

Inside My Vintage Book Collection: The Sun Our Nearest Star 1961

 I posted a few clips on Instagram and had so many peeps asking for more peeks inside this gem  that I figured it was time to share the rest.  This particular book is in my top ten of favorite all time thrifted books. It contains so many the elements of illustration that I adore.

 This car is one of my favorites, many attempts of drawing my own version are in the works.
So much of this book reminds me of Mary Blairs It's A Small World Charles Eames Powers of 10 film. 

Looking for more vintage book info and inspiration? Check out some of my favorite blogs that feature their book finds:




Cheers,
Deb

1 comment:

nähmarie said...

whoa, great find! I love the black-and-white style ... this book is so amazing. thank you for sharing!

xo, maria